XA INTERACTIVE, INC. recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use xainteractive.com or other web sites owned or operated by XA INTERACTIVE, INC. value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of user information collected on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s). XA INTERACTIVE, INC. provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use, or continue using the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s).
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to XA INTERACTIVE, INC.’ Terms and Conditions of Use. Your use of the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) and any personal information you provide on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. websites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards and xainteractive.com membership.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable XA INTERACTIVE, INC. and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information XA INTERACTIVE, INC. will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyze the profile of our visitors. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our about us pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight about us information on your second and subsequent visits.
XA INTERACTIVE, INC. gathers non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. XA INTERACTIVE, INC. uses this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the xainteractive.com features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse xainteractive.com anonymously until such time as you wish to register for xainteractive.com services. For further information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
When you supply any personal information to xainteractive.com (e.g. for xainteractive.com membership) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use this data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
In general, any information you provide to XA INTERACTIVE, INC. will only be used within XA INTERACTIVE, INC. and by its agents and service providers. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. Also, if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to xainteractive.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on xainteractive.com, XA INTERACTIVE, INC. can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behavior. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of xainteractive.com membership you no longer wish to continue your registration as an xainteractive.com member. For safety reasons, however, XA INTERACTIVE, INC. may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of xainteractive.com services. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other xainteractive.com services, that information will be held as long as is necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
If you are notified on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. site that your information may be used to allow XA INTERACTIVE, INC. to contact you for "service administration purposes", this means that XA INTERACTIVE, INC. may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We may contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services on xainteractive.com unless you specifically request not to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically not to receive such promotional information.
If you choose to subscribe to one of our services you may also be asked to provide your credit card information in order to fulfill your subscription request. XA INTERACTIVE, INC. adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which is a set of requirements designed to ensure that we process, store or transmit credit card information in a secure environment. For more information about PCI DSS go to: www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pcifaqs.php.
XA INTERACTIVE, INC. uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and therefore you transmit such data at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we take all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by writing to the address given in the paragraph below.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information XA INTERACTIVE, INC. holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to the Chief Technology Officer, XA INTERACTIVE, INC., [INSERT ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP]
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to XA INTERACTIVE, INC.’s website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) without verified parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
In the event that XA INTERACTIVE, INC. is acquired by, or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Your continued use of the XA INTERACTIVE, INC. website(s) constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information. You can access the privacy controls via xainteractive.com/privacy
0. In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
0.Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.1. AMENDMENTS
0.You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
1.You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
2.In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct business to consumer marketing purposes; and the personal data has been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: (1) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; (2) for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
3. In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: (1) with your consent; (2) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; (3) for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or (4) for reasons of important public interest.
4. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
5. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
6.You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.7. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
0. If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
1. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
2. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, in addition to the other methods specified in this Section 7.
4. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
5. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
6. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
1. 1. Our data protection officer's contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org